1. Embark on an outdoor adventure. Take a walk with a furry friend. Go on a bike ride to your local ice cream shop. Take a moment to stop and smile at the sun.
2. Go dancing. Dance is a beautiful form of communication. Whether you are a fan of Contra, Salsa, Hip-hop or Ballroom get out of your comfort zone and onto the dance floor. Look for dancing opportunities at your local community center or at restaurants and bars. I dare you to dance with a complete stranger and have the time of your life.
3. Make a pillow fort in your living room. You might feel like you are five, but guess what- some of the most creative people I have met are under the age of ten.
4. Take art outside. Whether you are a musician or a painter take your art outside. Enjoy sharing a bit of yourself and your gifts with others. Also enjoy solid people watching.
5. Visit a Nursing home or assisted living center and listen to some epic stories. Hone your listening skills. The ability to listen is a gift that will serve you in the future.
6. Bake an epic meal or dessert and give it away. Try an old recipe that you have never had the courage to embark upon.
7. Make a new friend. Chat with someone on the bus, in a coffee shop or at work.
8. Leave your phone at home on purpose and chronicle what adventures you end up getting into as a result.
9. Volunteer to read to kids at your local library. Children’s books are often brimming with life lessons. Make sure your dress up as the title character.
10. Plan a surprise for a friend or significant other just because. Enjoy the planning and intrigue, Sherlock.
11. Sing at the top of your lungs in your car. A random road trip is bonus points.
12. Call a family member who you haven’t chatted with in a while. You just might make their day.